Speed Matters Welcomes You to Netroots Nation!
Speed Matters is leading the fight to implement the National Broadband Plan and expand high-speed Internet across America. At this time of high unemployment, economic crisis, and environmental challenges, the United States must invest in our communications infrastructure to move our economy forward, build more sustainable communities and create good sustainable jobs for American workers. The critical infrastructure of the 21st Century is high-speed Internet.
As a member of the Netroots community, you'll receive a weekly roundup of news from the Speed Matters blog. The Speed Matters blog is the number one news source for coverage of programs and policies that build affordable, universal high-speed broadband investment.
What is Speed Matters?
Speed Matters promotes affordable high-speed Internet for all Americans. Working with our partners and allies we advocate for programs and policies that build affordable, universal high-speed broadband investment. Speed Matters is a project of the Communications Workers of America. CWA is the union for the Information Age, representing 700,000 workers in communications, media, airlines, manufacturing, and public service.
Click below to find out more about the benefits of affordable high-speed Internet:
- Digital Divide [Read More | PDF]
- Digital Literacy [Read More | PDF]
- Distance Learning [Read More | PDF]
- Economic Growth & Quality Jobs [Read More | PDF]
- E-Government & Civic Participation [Read More | PDF]
- Enabling People with Disabilities [Read More | PDF]
- Energy and Environment [Read More | PDF]
- Health Care [Read More | PDF]
- K-12 Education [Read More | PDF]
- Public Safety [Read More | PDF]
- Libraries [Read More | PDF]
- Rural Communities [Read More | PDF]